This is an all-time favourite in our house. Most people know the tangy lemon is a fantastic source of Vitamin C (great immune booster during the colder months), but it can also benefit heart health, weight-loss and anaemia due to its assistance in iron absorption.
2 cups almond meal, coconut or buckwheat flour
2 tbsp coconut oil
Pinch Himalayan salt
¼ cup raw honey
¼ cup coconut oil
1 vanilla pod or 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
½ cup fresh lemon juice
Zest of 2 lemons
- Preheat oven to 180°c. Grease a 9-inch tart case with coconut oil.
- In a small food processor or high-speed blender, pulse all ingredients until a sticky dough is formed.
- Transfer dough to tart case and press down firmly with back of spoon or greased palms. Bake for 8-10 minutes, or until slightly golden. Remove from oven and allow to cool.
- In a medium saucepan and over low heat, whisk all ingredients together until smooth.
- Increase heat to medium and allow mixture to just come to the boil. Continuously whisk mixture until it become thick and smooth. Remove from heat and allow to cool slightly.
- Transfer filling to crust and smooth with back of spoon or spatula. Set in fridge for at least 1 hour.
- To serve: dust with cinnamon and chopped strawberries (or decorate any way you like!). Can be stored in airtight container in the fridge for 5 days.