Raw cacao is a fantastic source of magnesium which is an essential mineral in the management of stress and anxiety.
1 cup raw beetroot, peeled and grated
½ cup almond or coconut milk
¼ cup coconut oil, melted (plus extra for greasing)
¼ cup raw honey or maple syrup
2 tsp vanilla extract
1 cup almond meal
½ cup coconut flour
½ cup cacao
½ tsp baking soda
Pinch of Himalayan salt
OPTIONAL: cacao nibs
- Preheat oven to 180°c and grease a 12 case muffin tray with coconut oil. You can also use individual muffin cases.
- Add beetroot, milk of choice, coconut oil, eggs, sweetener and vanilla to a food processor or high-speed blender and blend until smooth. Transfer to large mixing bowl.
- Add dry ingredients to wet mixture and stir to combine. (You can do this step in your food processor if you wish).
- Spoon mixture into muffin tray or cases leaving space for mixture to rise. Pop in oven and cook for 20-25mins, or until a fork comes out clean when inserted in the centre.
- Remove from oven, allow to cool slightly then transfer to cooling rack to cool completely.