This super green soup is so easy to make and full of nutrients. Broccoli is said to lower cholesterol, reduce inflammation and aid in the body’s natural detoxification process, as well as being a great non-bulking fibre source and high dose of vitamins A and K which are essential for vitamin D synthesis.
2 heads of broccoli
1 tsp basil
Juice of half a lemon
1 tbsp coconut oil
1 tsp apple cider vinegar
¾ cup warm water
Salt and pepper
- Wash broccoli and chop into small sections.
- Steam the broccoli for 5 minutes and transfer to a food processor.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and process until thick and creamy.
- The mixture will be warm from the steamed broccoli, but if you want, heat in a pot for a few minutes.
- Garnish with avocado, chopped coriander and season.