The combination of oats, nuts and seeds in these bars make them a superb brain-loving snack. Full of healthy fats to sustain you and boost brain power.
2.5 cups rolled oats
½ cup raw almonds, roughly chopped
½ cup brazil nuts, roughly chopped
¼ cup pepitas, roughly chopped
¼ cup sesame seeds
¼ cup sultanas
¼ cup dried apricots, roughly chopped
Pinch of Himalayan or sea salt
¼ cup coconut oil
1/3 cup raw honey or maple syrup
- Preheat oven to 180° Line baking pan with baking paper or grease with coconut oil.
- Combine dry ingredients together in a large bowl.
- In a small saucepan over low heat, melt coconut and honey until well combined. Add to dry ingredients ad combine well. You can add a little water if mixture is too dry.
- Transfer to lined or greased baking pan and press down firmly. N.B. if you want a crispy bar spread mixture thinly, if chewy is what you’re after, use a smaller pan so the mixture is thick.
- Bake in the oven for 20-30 minutes or until golden brown. Transfer to cooling rack to cool.
- Once completely cooled, transfer to chopping board and cut into squares or rectangles. Can be stored in an airtight container for up to one week.