MAKES 8 SLICES
My twist on the old favourite banana bread (it also appeases my latest chai tea obsession). This bread is gluten-free and loaded with healthy fibre so is great for digestion. The cinnamon and spices in the chai mix increase basal metabolic rate, aiding in weight-loss and boosting circulation.
2 cups almond meal
2 tbsp loose leaf chai tea mix
¼ up psyllium husk
¼ cup LSA (linseed, sunflower, almond)
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp cinnamon
½ cup pecans or nuts of your choice, roughly chopped
3 ripe bananas, mashed
¼ cup coconut oil, melted
1 vanilla bean or 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
1-2 tbsp raw honey or maple syrup
¼ cup almond milk
- Pre-heat oven to 180°c. Grease a loaf tin with coconut oil or use a silicon loaf case for easy removal.
- Combine almond meal, chai mix, psyllium, LSA, baking soda, cinnamon and nuts in a large mixing bowl.
- In a separate bowl, whisk wet ingredients together – bananas, coconut oil, vanilla extract, honey/maple syrup, eggs and almond milk. Once combined slowly add wet mix to dry, stirring well to ensure mixture is well combined. Add more almond meal or almond milk as needed for consistency.
- Transfer batter to loaf tin and decorate as you please – sliced banana, chopped nuts, shredded coconut etc. Bake for approximately 45 minutes.
- Allow to cool before removing from loaf tin, then cool on wire rack. Slice and serve with a generous dollop of coconut yoghurt.